Saturday, April 02, 2011

Wet Pets & Critters

Grace is still taking it slow but she is feeling better. Now we need her to regain her appetite and the weight she lost while she was sick.

Last night we had our first girls night out together. When we take the boys out for a "Date Night" we always enjoy the one on one time with the kids. With Grace still at home with me during the day I honestly haven't thought about taking her out for a girls night. Until now. Last week Aimee asked me if Grace and I would want to go out for a "Girls Night." I thought.. She would love to go!.. If she was feeling okay.

I told her about an hour before we left the house and she was so excited!


Us just before leaving for our girls night out!



We picked up Aimee and Abigail and we headed to Cheddars for dinner. We had the best service! We didn't wait long for a table and we had a wonderful waiter!



After dinner, we were off to PETCO and Wet Pets & Critters! Grace has never been to the Zoo and this was her first time in the pet store. We will definitely go back and will be making plans on going to the Zoo. She loved it!! Thanks to Diego... She was naming most of the animals. "Wow!.. it's an Iguana! and later "Momma look at the Macaw!" Aimee and I were impressed! ;) I guess watching Diego does pay off! HA!! ;) Today she was telling her Daddy all about the Macaw that scared her, because it was so loud and could bite off her finger. So I guess she's scared of them now:/ This is a good thing though. They are a beautiful animal, and I loved watching them last night but they creeped me out, they are so MEAN! On our way back to Aimee and Abigail's house we asked what was their favorite pet they saw tonight. Abi said, "The black puppy." I just knew Grace's favorite was going to be the fish. But no. She said, "The snakes!" Of course she would. Crazy kid! We headed home about 10:00 and in the car she talked all about the fun she had. Just minutes before pulling in the driveway she was out. We will definitely plan another girls night/date night again soon! I think her Daddy would enjoy taking her out for a Daddy Daughter Date too!


A little update on Caleb. He will be having surgery in Shreveport on April 15th. Also last week he fell and crushed his wrist. He had to be put to sleep so that he could have decompression done on his wrist. Poor Caleb. He has had a tough time lately. Thank you Steve, for this photo of the boys!



"Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. And do everything with love." 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

2 comments:

  1. We had a great time also! We will have to do this again! Abi had a fit yesterday because we could not go back to see the puppy. That maca was VERY scary. I did not like him one bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love time with my girls. So glad you guys had a good night.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...