Saturday, July 30, 2011

I Cry Everytime

For the past several weeks, pretty much since Vacation Bible School eight weeks ago Grace has been asking about Jesus more often. It's always in the mornings while I'm brushing her hair. She would always bring it up out of the blue and our conversations would last maybe 2-3 minutes.
These are just some of the things that we said during the past severeal weeks that I want to remember.. "Jesus will live in my heart" (She would always start the conversation this way). Yes, He sure will, if you ask Him to come into your heart! Jesus loves us sooo much and he was never mean or ugly to anyone. Sometimes we don't always tell the truth... you remember yesterday when you got into Mommy's make-up (mascara) and I asked you what was on your face and you said "nothing"  Jesus always told the truth and we want to be like that. She would always get real quiet and just listen. I would always ask her, "Do you want to ask Jesus onto your heart?" This was always toward finishing up on her hair..she would never answer, the subject would always somehow get changed and she would go running off to play.

Until Yesterday!!!

"Jesus will live inside my heart!?"  Yes He will!  "Wow. Inside here!"..(pointing at her chest). Yea, right inside there. Do you want to ask Jesus into your heart? "Yes." Do you want to ask Him right now? "Yes, I want to ask Him to be inside my Heart."

I wish I had written down more aside from just how old the boys were when they asked Jesus to be in their hearts.  Jared was 5 years old, tucked in his bed for the night. Caden was 4, we had just taken Jared to school and were driving down Hwy 80 about to exiting onto Loop 281. 

All three of them were just precious! I cried everytime and had to hold back my tears during the prayer. I didn't want them to think that I was sad. I could tell them that they were "happy tears" but would they understand? I don't know if it's because they were all so young and saying this prayer in such a sweet little voice, I don't honestly know. But it was a struggle for me everytime.
These are just some random pictures I took of her and her doll..she was thrilled that they had matching outfits! And I was thrilled it only cost me $7.00 at Dillards. ;)

Grace this is the day you asked Jesus into your heart!

“Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.” Colossians 3:12

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...