Sunday, April 08, 2012

Easter 2012

This is going to sound awful and I really hate to admit it but this is the first year the boys have colored Easter eggs. Yes. I know. Jared is 12 1/2 and Caden is 9 1/2. I admit it, I am an awful, awful Mother.
Love Caden's face! Priceless.
Again, priceless. Jared looks like what's the big deal..and Grace looks amazed.
There ya go, I finally got one of Jared smiling. He did enjoy this and I have proof in this pic!:) Ha!

On Saturday we spent the day with my family out at my Uncle's land. We couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather. We had a picnic lunch and had a 500 acre egg hunt!  I love my family and love that the hunt always revolves around Christ. This year we had to study Numbers in the bible for clues to the eggs. It was a blast!
Her basket is just about to over flow....
Grace and Papaw :)

Jared helped hide the eggs for the "little hunt" and here he is helping Grace reach one of the eggs. So sweet.
On the hunt for the prize eggs!  Yeah, that's right, you need transportation for this hunt.
With us only finding one in the years past and Jared being the only one to find one last year and with us needing to leave before dark this this year, we really weren't expecting to find any. (My Aunt's make this hunt very difficult.) But, surprisingly, we found two!

We had to cut out early because Jeff had a business dinner on Saturday evening we had to get to. It was a little odd going from digging in dirt for Easter eggs to formal wear in the same day. Lol! We had a great time and it was fun finally getting to meet the people he works with.
Us during the dinner...
...then us after the dinner at DQ getting ice cream! Lol!
This morning just before leaving for church.

After church and after an exhaustion "break down" from our daughter, we had a fun afternoon with Jeff's parents. Jared drove Grace around for the first time on the four wheeler and ...

Caden got to drive the four wheeler for the first time all by himself! Man these kids are growing up too fast!

(I absolutely love this song!)

"I am the resurrection and the life..." John 11:25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...