Saturday, November 20, 2010

God's Plan

We live our lives thinking we pretty much have it figured out. Then there are the times when God steps in and reminds me who is really in charge of our lives. My life is not mine. And my kids really don't belong to me, they belong to Him. He only loaned them to me for a short time. I have to remember this. Two weeks from Thursday Jared woke up, throwing up. A few days later he was feeling better, but Grace was sick. Well on Tuesday she was sick again, even throwing up in the car at one point. Ugh. Not fun!

Wednesday she seemed to be feeling pretty good, but by Thursday she was sick again. And this time we were ready, we had a BIG bowl in the car just in case... and she needed it. This time the boys were in the car headed to school and they were so sweet and felt so sorry for her. They are going to be such awesome daddy's one day. Caden was sitting in the back seat with her helping her hold the bowl.
I gave him a wipe to wash his hands just in case of germs and I said,"You are such a good brother". And he said, "That was disgusting". "I know, thank you for helping her." He said, "Your welcome." I love that kid! The Doctor said if she gets sick again within a week or two this maybe something more serious than a virus, and she would want to see her. Yesterday she was better, but while I was Christmas shopping with a friend Jeff calls to tell me Jared got sick again. You have got to be kidding me?! Our prayer is that we will get over whatever this sickness is and we'll be able to have Thanksgiving with our families later this week.
When hard times strike, realize that both come from God. Remember that nothing is certain in this life. Ecclesiastes 7:14

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart. We have had tummy troubles around here too. T missed school on Tuesday, but has been fine since. K had problems at the other end. So not fun w/ a baby.

    Praying you have a good Thanksgiving week. AT least school is already out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...