Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School Prayer

Today was the first day of School! I was so glad to hear that both boys had a good day!  Jared was excited to find out that he has Band, P.E. lunch and recess with his cousin! This is the first time in 7 years that they have had a class together. Should be fun only if they behave. I'm sure that they will. ;) Caden was excited to  have a few friends from his football team in his class this year. He said, "Mom, Garland said today he's not going to call me Caden, he's going to call me "Red" just like in football." I said, he is!  "I don't mind!"  I know you don't mind in football, but just remember everyone else doesn't know your name yet. So they may also start calling you "Red."  "I know, that's okay, I like it!"  I personaly think it's cute..but if he knew I thought that he would probably hate the nick name. ;)
 
This morning I took our traditional "First Day of School Morning" pictures.
I am not sure what my problem was..I could not take a clear photo to save my life.

They are cute, but everyone of them turned out blurry. :/ Not sure if it was me or my camera.

So, lets try again. This time of the three of us with my camera phone, just before Jared gets out of the car.
Well, MY STARS!! That is ridiculous. I am way off today.

So, we try again. This ones better. It's still blurry.. but at least we're all in the pic!
Next it was Caden's turn to be dropped off. Before walking him in, we took this quick pic. Yay, I got us all in the picture on the first try!
We couldn't leave her out. She wouldn't let us..lol!  When we got back to the car she said, "My turn, take a picture with me!" She's a mess. She's afraid she is going to miss out on something. I can't believe on this day next year she will start Kindergarten!:( Wow they grow up so fast..where does the time go??

Our prayer to them every day is that they show Gods love to others at school by helping out any way that they can. That others see Jesus though them. 

I don't remember blogging a story that happened to Jared toward the end of the school year last year, so I will journal it today before I forget.
 For several days he would come home talking about a boy in his class. He told me, Jr. said a cuss word today and I told him to never say it again. I asked him what did Jr. say? He said, "G.O.D."  Oh really? Well what did he say when you asked him not to say the Lords name in vane? "Mom, he didn't know who God was. He has heard other people say that word but didn't know about Jesus."  Oh wow!.. Jared, what a awesome time to witness to him! He said "I know, it was a little "weird" him not knowing about HIM already." It's sad isn't it? "Yea." But that's awesome that you were the one to tell him about Jesus Christ. "Yea.. That was cool!"

We pray that you will lead a life that is worthy of the Lord. We pray that you will please him in every way. So we want you to bear fruit in every good thing you do. We want you to grow to know God better. Colossians 1:10

1 comment:

  1. Good first day. I don't get the first day pics any more. She is too old. Oh, well, I can start again in a few years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...