Sunday, August 14, 2011

Birthday Party Pics

Last weekend we surprised the kids with a Birthday party at the Jalapeno Tree! It was nice having the help of the restaurant! It made the party a lot less work for Jeff and I and a whole lot of fun this year!
Thanks Laura for the wonderful idea!

The yummy cookie cakes & cupcakes!

Happy 12th - 9th - 4th Birthday!

Jeff walked around the room most of the evening taking pictures of the guests. He took lots of candid shots, which are really kind of neat to look at. I like looking at what other people are doing in that moment.

This one is precious so I couldn't pass it up! He took this one of Steve and their foster child playing "I got your nose" Adorable!! Wish we could show his face but trying to keep this little man safe. Laura if you want me to, I can send this to you and with out the extra little smiley face!

So sweet of Charity and baby K!

Grace walked around the room trying to give hugs to everyone, thanking them for the gifts. Here she is with our neighbor Chris.

Grace giving Uncle T.J. a hug and kiss.

Uncle Scott showing her the cute little monogrammed bag they gave her.

This year we did something we had never done before. We had just loaded the car and I said, This will be the last year for balloons they are such a hassle. And then it hit me, "Lets let the balloons go, on the count of 3!"
Eveyone thought that was a neat idea!

We just stood there and watched. We talked about how lots of other boys and girls could see them and we wondered where they would eventually land. So I guess I'll be getting balloons again next year, that was really kinda fun! ;)


Thank you Mom and Dad for the party!!!
This year was the first year in 12 years that the Akin family has missed our children's party, but for good reasons! You guys were truly missed! So thankful Eric and Chelsea make it home safe from China!

Children are an inheritance from the Lord.They are a reward from him. Psalm 127:3

3 comments:

  1. As I was reading this post it made me so sad to know we missed it! While we were sitting in Dallas, I was thinking, "We could have tried to go." But then my brain came back! LOL We are going to do our best not to miss next year! Thanks for lunch today! It was great! We need to do it again. And for free! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger is not acting right, it's telling me,"I do not have access to leave a comment under my account." So, I will leave a comment on my own blog under Anonymous. I'm not happy. Our blog will be going "private" if blogger doesn't fix it SOON!

    Breath~~Anyways:)Don't be sad, we know you would have been there otherwise.:) And we simply do not get together enough!! I hope tonight went well! Do you know if it was videoed? If so, we would love to see it! With Jeff working lots of hours and the boys starting school next week he decided at last minute to take them out for a guys night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The party was so wonderful & we had a good time. Thanks for having us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...