Tuesday, August 28, 2012

New School Year

First day of Jr. High 5th grade and Kindergarten
We have a weird tradition of taking a pic of us and the kids just before they get out of the car on the first day of school. So here we are:) 
Kindergarten, here she comes! ;)

Ready to get to work! 
Here she comes!
 
And today. Ready for her second day! She is having a blast and when I picked her up this afternoon she was actually upset she didn't not have homework. Me, on the other hand did pretty well yesterday. Jeff was home and we ran errands and enjoyed spending the day together... today, was MUCH harder. But I kept it together while walking her to class and fell apart in the car:/  What in the world has come over me? I've had kids at home with me for 13 years and now I don't know how to act? ! I think my tears were because it's hard when you want time to slow down (or stop) and it just won't. :) 


I read this on a friends blog this morning and will be be praying over it this week. It's a great prayer to be prayed over your daughters (and sons!) as they start a new school year.

Dear Lord,

Thank you for the gift of motherhood and for entrusting us to raise these little girls in your name. As they begin a new school year, we pray that their lives would be grounded in you. May they live for you, reflect your love to others, and call on your name in times of joy and times of sadness. May they grow in wisdom and make memories that will stay with them for a lifetime. Jesus we pray patience for all teaching and joy in all friendships. Help us as mothers to walk along them in this journey, pointing out their strengths and helping them grow. In both good times and stressful moments, let our parenting words glorify You so that we may nurture their academic experience and enhance their faith.

Amen

This post makes me wish I blogged when the boys were little. It would have been neat to look back and read how theirs (and mine) first week of Kinder went.

May the Lord be praised! Day after day He bears our burdens...Psalm 68:19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...