Saturday, September 18, 2010

This Past Week

It was a very tough week. Missing Memaw, no other reason than just missing her. Worried about Dad and his health. Both boys had a frustrating week with homework. Sometimes I feel like I can't parent the way I want to because I have to let the smaller issues go so that I can make it through the larger ones. Jeff has worked the last two weekends, and he told me yesterday he will be working 7 days a week for the next 6 weeks. We both agree him having a day off would be nice.

It's been a tough week, but very thankful. Thankful for the job position Jeff is in at work. This has allowed his back to heal and he now enjoys going to work. My conversation with Jared, very proud of the young man he is becoming. Caden doing his chores with out being asked. Grace making me laugh on our way home yesterday morning when she said, "Mom do you smell that stinky skunk? That stinky skunk pooped its pants. Yuck!" She is such a little stinker ;) And for a fun day at MOPS. Also, for a wonderful date with my husband last night. Going out and just being husband and wife doesn't happen very often. This was a nice surprise and a wonderful blessing.

God is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our present condition. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good. Romans 8:28

2 comments:

  1. I think we as parents all do that; letting the little things get in the way of fun. I had a fit over a Current Event paper yesterday with Andrew. That's just silly. We should all just pray for one another.

    We had a date last night too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl. We had a great afternoon and then Caden got upset when I told him (and not his teacher) that he will need to write his spelling words three times each, every night. He was crying and very upset. A small issue just turned into a very big one. But, we resolved it, I stayed calm and, eventually, he calmed down and did his work. By Wednesday, he was fine and was done within 5 mins. I told Jared on Thursday to go back and check his work (I will remember not to do that again... hehe) he had a question over a math problem. I was finally able to get the answer. Is this child really doing 5th grade math? If so, I will say I am not smarter than a 5th grader. :)

    Date nights are always nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...