Thursday, September 30, 2010

Brothers

I really enjoyed the speaker at MOPS on Tuesday, she said something I've known but never thought about it quite like she said it. She said, "Our days are long and our years are short." This is sooo true for me. When your frustrated and having a tough day...the days feel very long... but at the same time the years are just flying by so quickly:(
Over the past several weeks I have been looking through picture albums just reminiscing and trying to reorganize all of them. I always enjoy looking at old pictures of the kids and decided to post some of them on their birthdays. I told Jeff a few weeks ago while looking through them, "I miss the boys being little...sniff sniff." He just looked at me like... I know sweetheart you will be okay;) I tell him, "I don't want another child, I miss them being babies."
I LOVE the ages they are now 11 and 8!
But sometimes I wish just for a day... (as I look at Caden with his bruised forehead... doctors thought he cracked his scull. No. Grace is not our only little dare devil)... I could go back to their ages of 4 and 1.
Or 5 and 2!

As always somethings never change, you two get along soooo well, even though your different and unique in your own special way!
Your son will hold your hand for a little while,
but will hold your heart forever!!
"It's National Son Week"
Whose smile can light up your day and makes your life better just because he's in it!!

You have filled my heart with greater joy. Psalm 4:7

5 comments:

  1. Steve and I were just saying the same thing about our boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny...that must be the theme of a lot of our lives. Eric and I were discussing the other night how we miss our kids being little. We have no desire for another baby but it would be nice to have just one day of our kids being little again. Great pictures. I could just eat Caden up. His little impish grin just makes me want to smile and kiss him. Don't tell him that though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great speaker on Tuesday. I was blessed too.

    I agree that the days are long sometimes, but it is so great to know that other moms are experiencing the same things. So very thankful for digital cameras and the tons of pics that I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are adorable!
    linda v

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT PICTURES!:)
    ANNA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...