Wednesday, June 08, 2011

June 8th

Will always be a special day to Jeff and I. Our first date in 95.  June 8th 1999 was the day we found out our first child would be a precious baby boy.

And today. June 8th 2011 the day he officially measures (mind you this is a weekly thing around here) taller than his Mother! Jared was thrilled! A little over a week ago I was still taller. Today, that has reversed. He is a quarter inch taller than me:( Don't get me wrong, I want my boys to be taller than me, I'm only 5' 1"  I am a little sad though. My boy is growing up too fast, dadd gummet. He knows that know matter how tall he gets I am still the boss! ;)

Today was also a special day for Grace. This week is VBS at our church and with her almost being 4 years old she is considered preschool/preK and is old enough to attend open and closing assembly. This is when they sing and shout praising God! I'm just across the hall  in the craft room getting the last minute details set up for the children when Miss Kim (one of the children's directors at the church) walks in.. "Stacey, you have to come see this, Grace is on stage singing with the praise and worship team!" My first thought, honestly was.. "Oh Crap! What is she doing???  In front of all those people I am going to have to drag her kicking and screaming off stage" But, what I actually said out loud, "Was it intentional or by accident?"  "No, they invited her on stage..she is adorable!!! Come here and watch her!!" I thought Debbie (a lady from church) was going to bust a gut, laughing at what I had said.  "Stacey, you just won Best Quote Of The Month!..Hillarius!!!"  Debbie, I honestly never know what that girl will do.

I am thrilled that she was asked to join in on the praise an worship team! I wish I would have had my good camera but I'm sure this is just the first of many performances we will see from this girl. She is such a mess. But, she was adorable!

When she noticed me, she froze on stage with a look of  "Uh Oh... am I in trouble?" She had such a good time this week that she was happy to skip MDO. (Her words)..."Can I go to church and sing and dance for Jesus!?!"


2nd day on stage


This video was the last day and just before she went missing for 15 minutes. Very scary, lots of people were looking for her. It was the longest 15 minutes of my life. When I heard that someone had found her Ms Cindy and Ms Ginny had me to sit down before I fainted. They said I went "white." This girl sent me over the top. Too hot and way too stressful!  Aimee, thank you for thinking of the new building. I never even thought that someone would have let her in the building. Thank you so much to everyone who helped look for her!

Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex. Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...