Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Day

Christmas morning and all three were very excited! Jared told us that he was too excited to sleep and that he woke up at 4am and 5am and again at 6. He finally knocked on our bedroom door at 6:45 asking when we would open presents. We asked if Grace was up yet and he sadly said "No" because he knows we have to wait for everyone to wake before presents. He said, why is she still sleeping? She is always up early and way before me! I told him sweetheart it's not even 7 o'clock yet, she normally wakes up between 7:30 and 8:30. That didn't make him feel any better. Don't worry, he didn't have to wait long, we did go head and wake her about 7:15;)
Caden reading the Christmas Story.
This was his first year to read the birth of Jesus and he did an excellent job! 

Grace reading Jared's shirt...HA!  She loves angry birds :/
His new love...the love of football!!

Oh my, she is only 4 years old and she LOVES clothes!! Especially dresses!

And this little toy took over an hour to put together on Christmas eve. I was seriously thinking twice about this purchase.
But it is an absolute hit with all three kids!!! I have to admit it is very cool. And, it will never be taken apart if they want to continue to play with it. Well, I guess the boys could but it together by themselves! Ha!!  
 We didn't have extended family plans on Christmas morning so we were able to make it to church.  I took this with my phone just before Christmas Sunday service and I love it!

Also on Christmas day us along with The Roedel family were so blessed with the opportunity to serve others and give of our selves, by handing out Christmas cookies and cards to the residents of a local nursing home.
This was a good way to give the kids perspective in life. I'm not sure who was blessed more, us or them.
It may not be on Christmas day, but this is something we will continue to do every year.

Hope everyone had a very blessed Christmas!

'I'm telling the truth: Whenever you failed to do one of these things to someone who was being overlooked or ignored, that was me—you failed to do it to me.' Matthew 25:45

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...