Monday, December 12, 2011

A Happy Birthday!

Well, I am one year older and I am blessed beyond measure!
Last year on my birthday things were very different. Jeff and I were dealing with a miscarriage and I can not tell you how often I think about that precious little one. This weekend was very busy and I think God planned it that way for a reason. I had no time to think and ponder about what I was going through last year on my birthday.

On Saturday after play practice and birthday parties Jeff got home from work shortly after we did and he handed me this little gift box
and he said I love you, Happy Birthday.

The loss of the baby and the amazing stress of his new job along with my health, this has been the hardest year on our marriage. Satan has tried his darndest but we've got news for him. Jesus Christ.  He said when he bought the ring he wasn't thinking about what we were going through last year, "the Lord must have been thinking for me. I just knew this is what I wanted to give you on your birthday." The Lord has truly blessed me with an amazing husband and I am so thankful for him.

And what could be a better way to spend my birthday than to enjoy these cute little preschoolers
singing Christmas carols!
Hi, Mommy and Daddy!


And to see these guys perform in the "finding Jesus" Christmas play at church! Mrs. Kim said, "you may want to comb Jared's hair back, he has a Justin Bieber look going on." Lol! He needed to look older playing the roll of Dad. He wasn't thrilled but was okay with it..he did wash the mustache off and tried to "mess up" his hair as soon as he got the chance;) You noticed I said tried, his hair has gotten so long I put enought gel and hair spray in that boys hair to last him a week I'm sure.
The family
Jared- Logan- AZ-Caylin-Caroline

Jared reading from Luke.

These kids have worked hard over the past several weeks and they did an awesome job! So proud! 

What a wonderful Christmas program, we enjoyed it so much!
Let no man divide what God has put together.” Matthew 19:6

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say that hearing "Hi Pawpaw!" was one of my favorite moments of the evening?! Along with my sweet nephew holding all of the notes longer than anyone else! ;-) Such a great program and what a wonderful way to spend your birthday! It's amazing how ashes can turn into beauty and how God is always right there to remind you that He is still there, even through the hard times. Just remember, our sweet ones are in Heaven celebrating Christmas with the Reason Christmas exists!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful birthday. I had forgotten about last year. So glad you made it through this year. Those rough years are hard to go through, but coming out on the other side is rewarding.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...