Sunday, March 04, 2012

Life Through the Lens of my Camera Phone

Well, I feel like it is the story of our lives these days.
We are either out-of-control busy or sick.  And for the last two weeks it has been the latter. From pink eye, kidney stones, wisdom teeth, my surgery, and high blood pressure. I did get out some on Tuesday and as soon as I did I had to leave MOPS early because the doctor wanted to see me ASAP. Thank you so much Charity, for taking Grace for me!

With the surgery and being put to 'sleep' along with the pain meds my blood pressure dropped to 80/30, so as I was told I didn't take my medication for several days.

Well, three and four days later this was way beyond safe. For some reason my medication was not bringing it down, so he put me on stronger meds and beta blockers. This was scary. I did start to regret having the surgery. But, it was good to find out that this is normal with someone with high blood pressure having surgery and we will take precautions 'if' there is a next time. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and for that I am so grateful.

So, along with being sick comes laying in bed, sleeping, a lack of energy and a whole lot of doing nothing...including not updating the family blog. So, here is the last few weeks in pictures from my camera phone or pictures friends have sent me.
I lost count how many time the kids came into my room to check on me. This was Monday evening about 9 when he really needed to be getting ready for bed. Instead, he was sitting by my bed side visiting with me.
I can't remember what day this was, my days last week are running together...it was either Saturday or Sunday. Caden and I playing Checkers in bed for over an hour. 
This made me smile, and almost cry. On Monday evening Jared fixed dinner for us and he did a great job! He chose the menu and prepared it himself. I asked him if he wanted me to help and he said  "No, go sit down, I got it." He is growing up :(

Grace and our neighbor Alyssa having fun at the yogurt bar.  Miss. Grace also had her very first friend sleepover last Wednesday night. Thank you Akin's! And if you have pictures I would love to see them! She had a blast and didn't miss me not one little bit. When I went to pick her up from Mother's Day Out on Thursday afternoon she was wanting Alyssa's mommy to pick her up like she had the two weeks before. ;) Thank you, Carrie!
Beautiful flowers I received.
We can not tell you how grateful we are to have been blessed with wonderful friends that helped us during this time.

All day long I put my hope in you.” Psalm 25:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...