Friday, November 16, 2012

First Field Trip

Grace and her classmates took their first field trip yesterday. Every Kindergartner loves the zoo!
The students were asked to bring a sack lunch and this is what her Daddy drew up for her after she had gone to bed. Oh my goodness, she loved it! When she opened the fridge to get her lunch she gasped and said, "WOW!..why did he do that!? I said, because he loves you." 
 
The original Zoo date was today and I had planned on joining her but the school rescheduled for Thursday two days before and with me still coughing up a lung and I had already committed myself to helping out a friend, I had to miss her first field trip:( My friend would have been fine with me going, and, if she knew I missed this she would probably be upset with me, but with the temperature in the mid 30's I didn't feel this was a good idea. I am ready to get over this crud and cough!
 
As soon as Grace got into the car I said, "well how was your first Bus ride?! Did you have fun at the Zoo?!"
"Mommy! I wish you could have come with me! It was FUN! I got a feather and a penny!" Oh wow, who gave those to you?! "I found the feather on the ground, it's from a red bird and the penny is from the coin machine. J.J.'s mommy got it for me! See...it has a crockie on it!"
 
Mrs. Duncan tries to split up the kids with parents to give them more of a one-on-one experience exploring the Zoo animals, which I love. Grace enjoyed walking around with her sweet friend J.J. and her mom and I am so thankful her. For making my baby girls first field trip a success!
 
G and J.J. at lunch a few weeks ago:)
 
“Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act.” Psalm 37:7

1 comment:

  1. Love the lunch bag. I still do that for my big girl sometimes. Makes them smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...