Sunday, November 15, 2009

Caden Cracks Us Up

A few times a week I lay down with the boys, just to talk about whatever comes to mind. Well tonight Caden says "I wish daddy would invent a machine that could fix our food for us. It would add a little bit more food as it moved down the line." I said Yes, that would be pretty cool. Jared also agreed with Caden's idea, and starts to explain another type of machine. His had "chips, not the sour cream and onion kind, but computer chips." He's describing it with lots of square pads and lots of chips that are continuously being added to the pads. Caden says at the end of Jared's invention description..."could you tell me again, all I heard was something about square pads?" Jared sighs,"mommy could you tell him?" Sweetheart I'm with him, you lost me. So he kindly explained it again and said, did you get it? Caden said, yep sure did. He said it in a way though I am not so sure that he did understand, but wasn't going to put himself or Jared through it a 3rd time.; )

Friday night we took dinner to a friend, who just had a baby. Jeff and I took the food up to the house. We stood at the door to keep and eye on the kiddos in the car, as we visit with the new parents a minute. As we are driving off Caden says "which one did she just have?...That one, the one standing at the door?" We grin and say,"no he's a little big don't you think?" Caden grins, "yeah he is kinda big."

Last week we are all sitting down eating dinner, and Caden noticed a crack in one of the dining chairs. Jeff said,"yes I need to fix that, it is on my to do list." Caden said,"what number is it daddy?" I started laughing, then Jeff laughs and says #9,334 ya little toot.

1 comment:

  1. I like the to do list number. Sounds about like life around our house. The inventions are really cool too. What creative boys you have and what a blessing to spend time with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...