Sunday, November 01, 2009

Drug Free Report

Last week was Red Ribbon Week at school. Well the week before, the 4th grade students wrote a report over, This Is Why I Choose Not To Use Drugs. Jeff and I read the report, and thought it was very good. We had no idea at the time, it was to be turned in for a competition. Well, yesterday I was at my sisters house and she told me Jared's name was announced on Friday, over the intercom as the winner or runner up over a paper he had written. Later I asked him about it. He said "oh yea, remember the report I wrote, the one I mentioned daddy in. The one over drugs, alcohol and smoking?" I said, yea. That one! I got 1st place! I said, that is awesome!!! Next time tell me and your dad, we want to know these things, boy! Sorry...I forgot.
Last year during red ribbon week, Jeff and I were talking to the boys about the effects of drugs, alcohol & smoking. Just two nights before this, Jeff and I decided not to tell the boys he used to smoke. Unless they ask. Well, they did. Jared asked me, I said, no I have never tried it. Then, Caden asked Jeff. We told them the truth, Jeff was very honest, and told them how smoking made him feel, and how he didn't want to smoke, but his body craved it. He also told them how he chose to quit, and how difficult it was. We could tell this scared them. They said "so is daddy going to die?" I said no not necessarily, he didn't smoke for so long that his lungs could not heal themselves, and he quit a long time ago, before Caden was even born.
Jared may have forgotten to tell his mom and dad about the contest he won, but he remembered the conversation we all had at Papacitas, that won him first place.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...