Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What do you believe?...

That is what I said to Jared yesterday when he asked me, "Is Santa really real?" I knew this day would come. He has been very leary the last two years, but continued to believe. He told me, a friend of his saw there mom & dad in his room the other night pretending to be the tooth fairy. "So, is she and Santa Clause real?" Again I said, what do you believe? "I think you and daddy are eating the cookies & drinking the chocolate milk we make for Santa." Ok, so he knows. Jeff and I told him the truth. I was shocked that he looked so disappointed after we told him. I said to him, you still believe if you want, I still like to.

When the kids were younger, Jeff and I struggled with the decision if we should even start the hole "Santa Clause thing" with them. As a little girl I was terrified of Santa (better yet any imaginary person) and was upset to say the least, when I found out Santa was a fake. I had been terrified for no reason at all.

We are really considering not starting the "Santa Clause traditon" with Grace. Now that we have disappointed our oldest child, and we'll have another to disappoint possibly next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...