Monday, April 12, 2010

Summer and Slitheren Snakes

We have lived here for 10 years, and have never had problems with snakes. Until last summer! We killed three (very small) last summer...which we thought was very odd because we have never had problems with snakes before. Well last week I was mowing and found another small snake. I thought...okay what's the deal with the snakes all of a sudden! This is crazy!!!
So...the next two days Jeff and the boys and I spent several hours burning the under brush at the back of our property.The kids love to play back there, it's just a little wooded, just enough to make them feel like they are in forest. Perfect for hide and seek.
Anyways....back to the title. This is what Jeff found today under a few leaves.A Copperhead!!!!!..over a foot long. I'm a little freaked out. We have all played/walked through there several times today. Grace and I this morning and all of us this afternoon.
Thank you, thank you so much Lord Jesus for protecting all of us today and everyday.
The LORD is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. 2 Thessalonians 3:3

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Isn't it great to know that God keeps us safe from what we don't even see or know about. I agree with you, I would be freaked out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH JUST LOOKING AT THAT THING MAKES ME SHUDDER. I WOULD BE SO PARANOID NOW.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...