Tuesday, June 08, 2010

15 Years Ago

Wow. Where has the time gone? I can't believe it's been fifteen years ago today, Jeff and I went out on our first date. Him just a few days away from being 21 and me 19. Took him two weeks to work up the nerve to ask me out, in which I find to be so sweet. We joke with our kids and friends, how he was not "my type" of guy to go out with, but agreed to go out because I had nothing else to do. We met at one of our favorite restaurants but decided to keep it "casual" and to go for pizza instead. After stopping by Pizza Hut we were not impressed, so we go to leave and his truck would not start. After a nice guy gave us a "jump start" Jeff said, where would you like to go? (Giving me an "out" in case I was not having a good time). I said, I think we need to go to Wal-Mart because you need a new battery. He agreed... so off we go. After a quick change of the battery in the Wal-Mart parking lot we were definitely ready for something to eat. We ended up at Red Lobster talking for hours (about who we are, and our Christian Faith) until the restaurant closed. We grabbed some ice cream from Mc Donald's and back to my car we went. I said, I had a good time. He kissed my hand like a gentleman and said me too.
Hunny I am so glad you worked up the nerve to ask me out, you have been a blessing to me in so so many ways ever since that day. Also, 11 years ago today we found out our first child would be a son. June the 8th will always be a special day to us.
August 1995
"I have become wealthy, for the Lord has blessed me because of you." Genesis 30:27

5 comments:

  1. How sweet. Thanks for sharing. I agree, where does the time go. As I looked at your picture, and compared it with your other picture on the blog, you guys are in the same pose - how neat. Love is an awesome thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! I love that story but Jeff still had creepy hair back then :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charity-Andrew noticed the same thing! Hey, at least Jeff kept his hair groomed and tied back nicely! And look at those 3, cute smiling faces that are a result of those booty short meeting 15 years ago! Aren't you glad we didn't go to Florida?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Stac! I remember you guys coming thru JC Penney's hand in hand so in love. I also remember thinking, "I want that kind of love one day." How crazy.....because of You and Jeff, Aimee and Eric met and because Aimee & Eric met, Scott and I met. WOW! One blessing after another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all your sweet comments!

    I will say we have never noticed, until now that we pose for pictures the same as we did when we were dating- neat. Yea...and I sometimes wish he still had his long hair. Crazy huh. He cut it the morning of (Nov.18th) the day he proposed. Very true, Jessica!...One blessing after another. Never know what God has in store for us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...