Saturday, June 12, 2010

First Week of Summer

We have been busy and on the go, as if we were still in school. No sleepin in! Put summer vacation on hold for one more week. Get up and go! It's VBS week!!
I didn't originally sign up to work. I offered my help after the first day, noticing we had between 250- 280 kids!...Wow! This was wonderful, but they desperately needed some extra help. Jared told me on our way home he wasn't sure if he wanted to return, because of another child's language and fights within his group. At first I was a little upset, and was okay with him not returning. I felt the Lord say to me, "So your giving up on me, just like that huh." Just then I knew He was not pleased. I told Jared, I would be helping tomorrow and most of the week, and he was relieved. His group, only having teenagers for leaders, and several others had reported problems with this group. My job was to keep an eye on them... in case of another incident. We didn't want Jared to feel like "his mommy was following him around," so I only made myself visible when discipline was needed.
The lord blessed me with a one on one conversation with the "disruptive child" after he said he didn't have a "God sighting" story to share with the group. I explained to him what a "God sighting" was. He said, "Oh I didn't know that." So when I fell and hurt my arm God stopped the pain? Because, it didn't hurt at all the next day." I said, "HE sure did!" Later, he was so excited to share his story with the rest of the group. I was so excited for him! Then I felt guilty for getting upset and okay with not returning to finish the week after this child caused my child not to want to return. This week may have been his only opportunity to learn about God. This may be all he knows. Thursday, while I was waiting for Jared and Caden to be dismissed, I saw the amount of children going up front to be saved, or just to pray. This brought tears to my eyes. What a blessing to see. Jared had a good time he was a little upset when we left 10 minutes early on Wed. do to bad weather. On Friday after VBS he spent the day with A, B & C. Caden also had a blast this week!..I think he enjoyed it a little too much, because by Friday he was not feeling well, just very tired. So we kept him home and enjoyed movies together! Looking forward to next week our summer vacation can officially begin! Yay!
"Now go! I will be with you as you speak, and I will instruct you in what to say."Exodus 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...