Thursday, June 03, 2010

Last Week of School

We couldn't be more excited! Today was our last day of school...wooohooo! I am ready to spend some time with my boys. These last two weeks I have spent just about everyday at the school and I am very thankful I'm able to be there during their special school actives. Tuesday, Grace was able to go to MDO because another child was out of town. This was a blessing to us both, I could go to Jared's program with out trying to keep her quiet, and she could enjoy playing with her friends at school. Tuesday we wrapped up the baseball season with Caden's baseball Award Ceremony.

On Wednesday Jared joined the local swim team. After "testing" (showing the coaches what he can do) he was upset and didn't want to go back. He said it was really hard and was having trouble breathing. He feels like he will never move up to the next class level. Son, you have only had two weeks of swimming lessons in your life. (He is so hard on himself) The coach told me after Jared's swim test... "His technique was pretty good.. but he needs to work on his breathing. This should not take him long... maybe two or three weeks, then he will be ready to move up." This was EXACTLY what Jared was complaining about. After we talked to him for awhile, Jeff and I told him that he was to give it a try for one month, and then we will see.

After dinner Alyssa invited Grace over to play. Hang on girls!

Jared went to swim class again the next day (today) and he LOVED it! Afterwards... his friend Andrew came home with us for the night! The boys didn't know we would put them to work ;)

Just kidding. Jared had asked the next time the veggies were ready from the garden that he would like to help...

and of course Andrew didn't mind helping, he even found...

this huge Cucumber! These veggies grow extremely fast, literally over night!

I'm sure Jared will kill me one day for posting this one... but somethings never change. Jeff was able to get a picture of Jared with Monkey, and Andrew with his Clifford and "blank-blank", while watching a movie tonight.

Just like when they were little. July 2001.

I'm free to run and play. I hold on to you for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post. Psalm 63:5

2 comments:

  1. Love that baby pic of Jared and Andrew. Nothin like life long friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture made me tear up! PRECIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...