Monday, June 28, 2010

When the Thunder Rolled

Yes, the Lightning strikes.
When the storm came through last week, lightning struck one of our beautiful oak trees :( just 100ft from our house.

The kids and I were at home and I was on the phone with a friend at the time. I remember saying lightning just hit and my ear was ringing a little...I told the boys to turn off and unplug the television.
I had no idea it hit our back yard...until today. Jared ran in the house saying..."Mom, Caden and I found the tree the lightning hit last week!"

So I walked outside to see. Wow. It was really sad, because we love our trees. I have only seen this type of thing on television, never like this before. Wow.


A mighty oak tree, majestic and glorious— that's how I once described you. But it will only take a clap of thunder and a bolt of lightning to leave you a shattered wreck.
Jeremiah 11:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...