Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Just Us Girls

One week ago I was telling my boys good-bye as they leave for Colorado for two weeks. Today one week later I'm now telling my husband good-bye as he leaves for Nebraska. He's traveling with his brother and sister to attend their Grandmother's funeral. The plan as been that when this time comes Jeff and I and perhaps the kids would make this trip together. But, with the boys being gone, and the closest airport from Jeff will be 3-4 hours away... I need to be relatively close, in case of an emergency, to an airport. I've never flown before and will be somewhat scared, but would be on the next flight out. So, I am asking myself, am I crazy for letting my husband leave while our boys are in Colorado? The boys leaving was hard enough. I don't know. I do know that I'll be going crazy while he is gone. ;) Jeff really struggled with this decision because the boys are so far away, and he hated to leave his girls behind. After talking and praying we felt at peace with him going on this final trip to say good-bye to his Grandma.
I will be okay. Grace is so young and really doesn't understand. We are praying for peace and comfort for our little girl. She is already missing her brothers and talking to them on the phone has helped her know that they are okay. I couldn't be more thankful for cell phones then now. They have not just comforted her about her brothers, but they have also given Jeff and I a peace of mind that everyone is doing okay.Keeping myself busy has helped the time pass. I'm working on a new list of things to do this week. I think I'll start cleaning out from under our beds...;)
Always be joyful. Pray continually, and give thanks whatever happens. That is what God wants for you in Christ Jesus
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
{This was Memaw's favorite verse from The Bible, and is also on her memorial marker. I thought it was perfect for today's post}

2 comments:

  1. You are not crazy. You are a mom who knows are boys are making wonderful memories with their grandparents. Just think of how fitting..Jeff is saying a final goodbye on earth to his grandmother and your boys are off making memories with theirs. One day when they are old and doing the same thing, they will be forever grateful for each and every moment.

    You are a wife who knows her husband needs to do this or he would not have a peace. This will be good for him and his siblings. Hopefully his entire family will come away with a stronger bond and see how wonderful our God is.

    You are blessed to be able to stay home with your daughter! Paint nails, watch girly movies together, eat ice cream for dinner, spend time with your girl friends, read books but most of all, enjoy her! She is a blessing and she is your only daughter. Create that strong bond now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girls time is so great. I hope you guys have a good time. God is with you. We will be praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...