Thursday, July 29, 2010

Travel Update

I talked to my parents this morning and Dad does not sound well. Mom is driving, they should be in Amarillo soon, they will be stopping at the VA Hospital. If he is admitted I'm leaving tonight to get the boys. Not sure if I'll fly from DFW to Amarillo or try and drive the 7 hours. I did tell the boys what was going on and they sounded okay.

I was on the phone with Tennille (my sis-in-law) this morning before talking to my parents, I wanted to let them know, Mom and Dad had left Colorado, Dad was not feeling well and may have had a heart attack. Also, that I was going to fly to Amarillo to help Mom drive home. About 4:30 this afternoon Mom called with an update. Dad was admitted to the Hospital and is in ICU after tests show he has had a "big" heart attack. T.J. called me. He said, "Don't fly, I can wait for you here, and we can drive up together... getting there about 2am. Or, I can leave now and get there before midnight. We'll get a hotel room for the night, I'll drive them and the camper back to my house tomorrow. Your boys will be safe with me." Thank you so much T.J. I love you, and we will see you all tomorrow!
Sherry (my sis-in-law) called to check on me and to offer her help. She told me, Tim (our brother-in-law) and Malia (Jeff sis who is in Neb. with him) found a flight from Nebraska to Amarillo non-stop! His cousin offered to drive him the 4 hours to the airport! Our parents are willing to pay for our flight. Several friends and neighbors have called or have stopped by to offer help. Jeff and I can't thank you enough. We are so blessed with wonderful family and friends. Thank you for your prayers.
"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

1 comment:

  1. my stars! I am so thankful they are stopping. Let me know what you need.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...