Saturday, August 14, 2010

Little Feet

Caden was enjoying working on his bike ramp earlier this week. Until:

He stepped on a nail. It went through his shoe and into his foot about an inch. He walked into the house with his foot covered in blood. After I carried him to the bathtub...(yes, he was very heavy, amazing what us moms will do when our children are hurt) ...to clean his foot. I knew that he was hurt when he started to cry, and felt faint. This is just not like him at all. When he fell at school in first grade splitting his head open and needing 4 staples he never cried. He only cried when the doctor told him no playing baseball (for 5 days) until you get the staples out.

Several days later, it's healing nicely.

This foot belongs to Jared. As you can see his middle toe nail is black. He hurt his foot while eating dinner at our neighbors house. Their table design is with benches instead of chairs. When Caden placed his knee on the bench it caused it to tip. Yep. You guessed it. It landed on top of Jared's foot almost breaking his toe. His toe is no longer black and blue, the nail though has more growing out to do.

Now it just wouldn't be nice of me if I left our little girl out of this fun little story.On Thursday she was playing and she knocked over one of my heavy candle holders. Well, her toe cushioned the candles fall before it hit the floor. She was trying to be such a big girl and hold back her tears..as she said "ouchie I hurt my toe, I hurt my toe"!

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Psalm 119:105

4 comments:

  1. Ok, so I am sure you don't think that it is funny, but to have all 3 kiddos hurt their feet in that short of a time...
    Glad to hear everyone is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's crazy! Jeff was reading this the other day and said, "Our poor children, all three of them have hurt themself."

    ReplyDelete
  3. These 3 sure do keep you on your toes, huh?! LOL...no pun intended. Glad to hear everyone is healing and all toes are still in tact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know that you have rare feet? They're just like mine, the middle toe is the longest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...