Saturday, January 16, 2010

Growing Pains...

Jared and I have had several conversations this week that is showing me he is definitely growing up. It's almost if it happened literally over night. Our conversation on Monday started off with him saying.."Mommy, I am now going to start calling you mom. Well I am 10 1/2 so I'm not a baby anymore." I said, okay sweetheart I know your getting older. As I'm giving him a hug in my irritating baby voice I said, "your... not... my... baby... anymore..!?" STOP IT MOMMY!!..I mean mom!
In all honesty I'm surprised he was still calling me mommy. We didn't ask or force the issue, because we knew he would on his own time.

As some of you know Caden lost another tooth this week. So this involved the "Tooth Faerie" coming to see him. Well, after dropping him off at school, Jared said, "why don't you tell him?" We will son, he will find out on his own time, just like you did. "But isn't it like your lying though?" Your daddy and I have thought the same thing for years, and that's why we are thinking about changing this with Grace. "Well I'm not going to tell my kids there is a Tooth Faerie and a Santa Clause." I said yeah.. parents tell their children make believe or faerie tales because children love to play pretend. Yeah, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...