Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Ice Cold...

Was our dogs water bowl this afternoon. Abie is our 9 year old Golden Retriever, so she is no puppy anymore. I was talking to my parents today about what we should do with her over the next few days. I got some good advice, but we are still unsure.

We have always left her outside with hay and blankets and she has been fine. But like I said she is getting older...will she be okay in this bitter cold, with the wind chill dropping in the single digits?

We would bring her into the laundry room, but with her needing a bath and several of us with allergies, I am afraid too. What should we do....

2 comments:

  1. Bring her in!!! It's going to be freezing. Do you have a heater for Jeff's building? Use that if you have to. Soph had icicles on her mouth already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Aimee. It's really cold and plus she prob. has arthritis since she is 9 and the cold isn't good on people nor animals who have arthritis. I would hate for her to lie down and not be able to get back up. That is what happened to my Mom and Dad's black lab. Several hundreds later at the vet she was fixed but had to stay almost a week in doggy hospital. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...