Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Conversation With The Boy's

Last night I was talking to the boys, telling them we were going to visit my grandparents on Saturday. I said you have met them before, but Caden you were only 2 and Jared you were 5 so you probably don't remember them. Caden asked if they were dead..too cute. Because, Memaw passed away last March so we visit her quite often at the memorial park. I said no. They have not passed away, we just have not seen them in a long time. Then Jared asked where they lived..I told him, he said oh...okay. I didn't go into details why we haven't visited them in so long...they will read this journal and one day find out why.
It was the first week in January of 2005 when my grandmother had heart surgery. This was only 2 months after my brain aneurysm on October, 21 2004. Even though the doctors were talking about brain surgery, I was so thankful to still be alive, with my husband and at the time 2 very young little boys. So when my grandmother got ill I was there to help any way that I could. She was very worried about me as I was about her. I feel now as I did then, that family is very important and I will defend what I believe is right. To make a very...very...long story shorter, a comment was made toward my mother while granny was in surgery, and I rightly spoke up to defender her. Doing this caused a family disagreement and lies. We tried to make amends the following year...what a disaster that was...Satan was loving this indeed!!!
Through a newspaper add "The Babies Born in 2007!" I had placed Grace's picture in the paper... this was how they found out we had another child...and this time it was a little girl!!
For almost a year now they have wanted to meet her and see the boys again. We were very hesitant because of what happened years before when we tried to work this out. We did a lot of praying before going to visit today and God answered our prayers! Jared was out on the porch with me, watching the rain fall and he said, I remember this place (last summer looking through our wedding album he asked who they were, because he couldn't remember them, this broke my heart) this is where Caden & I got those green and blue chairs!" I said it sure is! He was 4 years old when they gave them those chairs! WOW! Just a glimpse, he remembers, but so glad he did, I love it! We had a wonderful visit, Grandaddy thanked us for coming and for forgiving him, he has even mentioned the Lord several times to my sister. Granny asked us to please visit again soon, and we will do so.

Thank you to those who have been praying for this visit to go well.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when the disagreement started and I am so very thankful that you all are able to visit again under peaceful terms. What a blessing to you and your children. I know that your heart runneth over with joy, more so than you can post on a blog. So happy for you and your family Stacey!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...